Foreclosure Weakness Translates to Home Price Strength
January 22, 2013
by: Realty Trac Vice President

Foreclosure activity in 2012 was a Jekyll and Hyde affair, with the numbers up in 25 states compared to 2011 but down in the other 25 states.

Similar patterns show up at the metro level, with 92 out of the 212 metropolitan statistical areas tracked in the report (43%) documenting a drop in foreclosure activity compared in 2011, while the remaining 120 metro areas (57%) documented an increase in foreclosure activity.

Among the nation's  20 largest metro areas, 12 posted decreasing foreclosure activity compared to 2011 and eight posted increasing foreclosure activity.

For complete story click on the link: Foreclosure Weakness