Advantages of Probate
- Heirs and beneficiaries are protected by the court
- Orderly transfer of assets in an open manner, approved by the court.
- Validity of title of the transferred assets is not in question
- All questions and disputes of the distribution of your estate are settled under court supervision
- Creditor's claims against your estate can be made for a limited time (state law dictates)
- Your estate, while in probate, is a separate tax entity. Prior planning may afford some tax savings.